In 2010, Bill had the privilege of becoming the Senior Pastor here at Putnam City Baptist Church where he began his ministry in 1986 as their Student Minister. He trusted Christ as his Lord and Savior in 1981 through the influence of his high school sweetheart, Cami, who is now his wife, the mother of their four children, and his best friend. They have served the Lord in full-time ministry since 1986. Bill has served Southern Baptist churches in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Georgia. He has also been serving as a Regional Director for Next Level Leadership with the North American Mission Board for the past 12 years providing leadership development and training for the Southern Baptist Convention. He didn’t grow up being actively involved in a church and didn’t experience God’s grace until the end of his high school years. Consequently, Bill has a huge passion to reach out to those who are separated from God’s love and see them discipled in their faith.
Get To Know Bill
1. What are three words you would use to describe you? Competitive, team builder, strategic
2. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Anything Blue Bell makes!!!!!!
3. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you bring? My family, My Ipad (which includes my digital Bible ?), Blue Bell
4. In your estimation, who is the greatest Super Hero? There is only one – BATMAN
5. What’s the greatest movie ever made? Justin Gammon says “Harry Met Sally”. I say all movies that had John Wayne in them!
6. What’s your favorite Bible verse? Jeremiah 29:11-13
7. Do you believe in putting pineapple on pizza? Only if I am on that deserted island
8. OU or OSU? Boomer…….Sooner!
9. How do you drink your coffee? With Blue Bell in it!
10. What book would you recommend someone to read? The Spiritual Man by Watchman Nee