PCBC Sermon Podcast
Listen to PCBC sermons online, and find additional commentary and resources.
Throwback Thursday – November 3, 2019
Subscribe to the PCBC Podcast and listen on any number of devices.
This Sunday we began our focus on “thanksgiving.” Pastor Bill posed some really important questions. The first being, “When you hear the word Thanksgiving mentioned, what comes to mind?” Many people think food, football, family, fall… all kinds of things that revolve around the Thanksgiving season. But then he asked the question, “What is Thanksgiving?” He gave us three key things to remember…
- Thanksgiving is the knowledge that you have been blessed.
- Thanksgiving is the knowledge that you are still being blessed.
- Thanksgiving is the knowledge of the source of the blessings.
He also asked the question, “When should we give thanks?”
- Before the blessing comes
- During the blessing
- After the blessing has been received
As you listen to this week’s podcast, here are a few things to consider…
POINTS TO PONDER:
- When do you find it hardest to give thanks to God? When do you find it the easiest?
- Like Paul and Silas, is your thanksgiving to God showing people His goodness?
- Try to write a thank you note to God every day this week!