PCBC Sermon Podcast
Listen to PCBC sermons online, and find additional commentary and resources.
Throwback Thursday – October 27, 2019
Subscribe to the PCBC Podcast and listen on any number of devices.
This Sunday as we wrapped up our spotlight on “worship”, Pastor Bill took us to a passage in Exodus 15. Here we find Moses and the Israelites after the parting of the Red Sea…
Then Moses and the sons of Israel sang this song to the LORD, and said,
“I will sing to the LORD, for He is highly exalted;
The horse and its rider He has hurled into the sea.
“The LORD is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation;
This is my God, and I will praise Him;
My father’s God, and I will extol Him.
“The LORD is a warrior;
The LORD is His name.
Pastor Bill pointed out three things we see modeled from these verses.
- Corporate Worship… they came together to worship as a unit.
- They sang a new song… As a result of what the Lord had done and who He was, they lifted up a new song to Him.
- They all sang- individually, corporately, and generationally.
Another thing Pastor Bill brought out on Sunday is that “your walk will determine your worship.” He reminded us that a life of worship is making the most of your life… prioritizing loving God with all of your heart, soul, mind and strength. These days we live in can be evil, and there are numerous things grabbing our attention. May we be different. May we cultivate hearts of worship and practice praise on a a daily basis!
POINTS TO PONDER:
- If your walk determines your worship, what are you doing to grow in your walk with Jesus?
- What does it mean to you to “sing a new song” to the Lord?
- Try to start everyday this next week with spending time with Jesus first, before you do anything else.